The selection and purchase of wedding rings is a special event, one that requires enough time. Wedding rings vary in the kind of metal, shape, surface covering, place and number of sets of diamonds and the most important thing is to find the ideal one that best suits your lifestyle. In the past, thinner rings were preferred, whereas nowadays rings are becoming thicker and bigger, and diamonds are growing in popularity. After the wedding, the ring becomes your faithful companion so to say, therefore it is essential that the ring is comfortable for wearing and that it suits your lifestyle. From your wedding day on it will remind you of your beautiful wedding day and your partner... It should also hold your special engraved inscription, which only you two know...
• the ring has to suit your lifestyle,
• the place intended for the wedding ring is the ring finger of your left hand, which has to be unoccupied before the wedding day. This is also the place, which is before the wedding intended for an engagement ring, which can after the wedding move to your right hand or the two rings can join together as proof of your eternal promise,
• wedding rings made of yellow gold will better suit people with tanner or darker complexions, whereas lighter skins should opt for white gold or platinum,
• usually newlyweds decide for rings made of 14 carat gold, or from 18 carat gold, but the latter is due to a greater contents of gold somewhat more expensive and softer,
• lately the growing trend are also rings made of platinum, which is a very solid and resistant material and can serve several generations,
• the size of the ring is also very important, here our experienced sales staff will help you make the right choice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1/ Will the wedding rings maintain their good looks forever?
Gold as a precious metal is known for its timeless beauty, but in its natural form it is softer than other metals, such as for example titanium. Despite this fact, traditionally wedding rings are made in gold. Therefore, it is important to be aware that over time it will somewhat wear off. Zlatarna Celje offers a lifelong service for wedding rings; therefore you need not worry that the rings will look used. In the event of mechanical damages (due to improper use or maintenance of rings), this service is charged according to the pricelist.
2/ Why is it important to determine the accurate size of the ring?
In the wide array of rings in our collection, there are a number of different profiles or models. Some of them are due to the demands of the treatment less flexible in the adaptation of size. In events, when the ring cannot be made bigger or smaller, a new ring needs to be made, which consequently amounts to additional costs. You can turn to our experienced sales staff to help you determine the accurate size of the ring,.
3/ What must I consider when determining the size of the ring?
Measure the size of your finger at the end of the day, when fingers have the largest circumference (similar as when trying on shoes). Do not measure the circumference when your hands are cold, but wait for them to warm up to room temperature. In determining the size of the ring, an important factor is also the width. A wider ring should have a slightly larger circumference, as it covers a larger part of the finger. Pay attention to various factors, which can affect that the ring is not of the accurate size, such as, if you intend to lose weight, intend to get pregnant, etc. You can turn to our experienced sales staff to help you determine the accurate size of the ring,.
4/ Is it possible that a gold ring can change colour over time?
Gold is a precious metal, which is in its natural colour only yellow. The gold alloy also contains apart from gold, palladium, silver and zinc, which is how we achieve a partial white colour. To fortify the white colour of gold, the finished product also gets micron layers of rhodium. Because this treatment is on the surface, its durability is, of course, limited. Whereas, with yellow gold the possible reasons for coloration are predominantly the following:
• Unpleasant chemistry of the person wearing the jewellery,
• Certain medication that the jewellery owner takes,
• Exposure to chemicals in households,
• Improper storage (in boxes with greater substance of sulphur),
• Storage together with medicines or certain creams,
• Heat and perspiration (tropical conditions),
• Certain creams, hair dyes, etc.
A complete protection for the maintenance of the colour of jewellery is only possible, if we do not wear jewellery when working and do not expose jewellery to mechanical contacts with harder objects.
5/ How to preserve the rings beautiful and shiny?
Take the rings off when doing some harder chores or when working with harder objects. We also recommend that you keep your gold jewellery, when not wearing it, in a jewellery box and in such a way prevent it from receiving abrasions or scratches. Maintain cleanliness! Mild cleaning with a moist cloth can protect the shine and beauty of your jewellery.